Kerol Hardware are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, known as GDPR). You have more control over how your data is used and how you are contacted. Please find our GDPR statement below:
Who are we?
Kerol Trading Ltd t/a Kerol Hardware, Registered in England & Wales
Company Reg. No. 05299241
Registered Office Address: Lymedale Business Centre, Hooters Hall Road, NEWCASTLE, ST5 9QF, United Kingdom
We might collect and process your personal data:
- When you visit our websites and buy products or services from us;
- When you buy products or services from us over the phone, via e-mail or fax;
- When you respond to any of our social media postings or marketing email campaigns;
- When you visit any of our premises that are protected by CCTV;
- When any of our suppliers or business partners share your information with us;
- From information you have completed on any surveys;
- If you have attended any of our events or promotions;
- If you have contacted us asking for information about any of our products or services;
- If we need to collect your personal data for legal reasons for example completing accident report forms;
- If you apply to work for us we will collect information needed for your job application.
We collect and process personal data to fulfil orders including names, contact details, address details and payment details. We also collect data via cookies and similar tracking technologies to monitor the behaviour of visitors on our website and in emails, so we can improve the visitor experience on our website and in emails for example by making suitable product recommendations. We also use personal data collected for legitimate marketing purposes.
We use Sage Pay and PayPal as payment processor to process payments on our behalf. We use Parcel Force, FedEx and DPD Couriers as processor to deliver products on our behalf. We use Google Analytics to track traffic on our website.
Personal data is stored for 6 years to comply with government regulations.
If we become aware of security breach which has exposed personal data, we will within 72 hours contact our supervisory authority, specifically: Name of authority and contact details.
The subjects of exposed personal data will also be informed without undue delay via their registered email address.
This policy sets out how we use and protect any personal information that you give us when you use this Website. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order (i.e. disclosing information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes) and second, to provide you with the best possible service.
When you visit our website or place an order, the information you enter, such as your name, email address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, company name, and VAT number will be stored within the order. The other information that is collected and stored is as follows:
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. We will not send any marketing e-mail to you in the future unless you have given us your consent. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. Please note: No payment information, such as credit / debit card number, is ever stored within our website or servers.
- your IP address, its host name and its country location
- the type of device you used, such as mobile or desktop
- the date and time you ordered
- your payment method
- how much you paid
- the shipping method
- the number of loyalty points you earned, if applicable
- any activity on the order, such as the date and time the order was completed by our staff
- whether you are a new customer, a returning one or a guest
- the products you ordered
Cookies, IP Addresses and Non-personal Information
|Name ||Purpose ||Content ||Expires |
|PHPSESSID ||To enable the site to recognise the same user clicking from page to page. Without it, every page would be treated as the first visit to the site, and anything added to the shopping basket would be instantly forgotten. Online shopping would, therefore, be impossible. ||Session ID ||On exit |
|Session ||This is for the visitor's convenience, Bluepark creates this with a copy of the initial session ID so that they can be classed as "returning" and the contents of their shopping basket will still be available. If the user signs in with an email address and password, these login details are are also saved so that they can remain logged in when returning (the password is encrypted). If the user signs out, their login details are removed from the cookie. || |
Can also contain an email address and encrypted password
|1 yea |
We may use technology (traffic log cookies: e.g. Google Analytics) to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site: collect and store information about your visit on an anonymous, aggregate basis. This information may include the time and length of your visit, the pages you look at on our sites, and the site you visited just before coming to ours. We may also record the name of your Internet service provider, browser type, and IP address. We use this information to measure site activity, to develop ideas for improving our site(s). However we cannot and would not use this data to identify individuals personally.
How We Use Your Date
We use your data to operate our website and provide you with any goods / services you've requested, and to manage our relationship with you.
- providing you with goods or information you've asked from us or information we are required to send to you
- operational communications, like changes, updates to our website
- marketing communications in accordance with your marketing preferences
- asking your feedback or to take part in any survey we're conducting
- supporting you: this may assisting with the using of products or other issues relating to the website and products, whether via email, phone or otherwise.
- protecting: so that we can detect and prevent any fraudulent or malicious activity, and make sure that you can use our website safely.
Disclosure of Your Date Information
We might share your personal data with:
- Delivery carriers and Postal Firms
- IT companies who support our systems and websites
- Social media sites to show you products that might be of interest to you
- Companies who might act on our behalf and help us to provide the products and services to you
We undertake not to share with or disclose or sell any personally identifiable information collected at our website with third parties, unless we have your consent to do so. The only time we would disclose information is where:
- We are required by regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights;
- We believe it is necessary to protect the rights of property of Kerol Hardware, a customer or a member of the public;
- We feel it is necessary under our Conditions of Sale.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to keep it: e.g. to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
Your Rights to Your Personal Date: Accessing, Updating or Removing Your Personal Information
If, at any time, you wish to have your information removed from our active marketing databases, please Contact Us, you can also unsubscribe anytime by clicking on the 'UNSUBSCRIBE' in included in our marketing emails. You also have rights to:
- know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it is correct and up to date
- request a copy of your personal date, or ask us to delete it
Only authorised personnel of Kerol Hardware have access to your personal information, which is kept in a secure environment. if you need to access your personal information we hold, change or remove this information, please contact us.
We process personal data for you securely on-line as part of the checkout process and order management. We encrypt it while transferring it, and store it in our databases in Europe.
The Website may contain links that make it easy for our visitors to visit other websites. If the visitor uses such links to leave our website and visit a website operated by a third party, We do not have any control over that website. Accordingly, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information provided by the visitor while visiting such websites. Users should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, please get in touch, you can contact us.